You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gettin' some gladiators


Well, to follow up one of my posts, I found someone who still casts Alpha's old 54mm Gladiator line! So I put in an order for a few figures. I got one each of most of the major classes and a couple extra thraexes and murmillos as well as a germanic warrior I'll use an a noxii (prisoner condemned to death in the arena) and a geremanic cheiftain who I'll use as a referee (more for cosmetics than actual rules mechanic).

Oh! Before I forget, it's Blackcat Miniatures who casts the gladiators as well as 54mm ancient Romans and Germanic warriors. And the price is right! If you're looking into trying something a little larger (these will be my first ever 54mmm figures), I recommend looking through Blackcat's ranges.

Note: I lifted these photos from Blackcat's site (go to their site to see some more); these aren't my own. I'll get some painted pics up as soon as I can.

4 comments:

  1. oooh exciting! I can't wait to see these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! Gladiators are soon on their way along with a few extra parts for some possible conversion work. This will be my next "large" project.

    And yes, I still need to build that Japanese house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog... so it´s my first visit here. Have to say that I´m speechless! Awesome stuff... I´ll be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome aboard, Alex! Being your first visit, there's plenty of stuff to peruse throughout the archives. Stay as long as you want and ask any questions you have.

    ReplyDelete