You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Reaper: No. 3491 Anirion Wood elf wizard

I finished this one so soon after the Gamma World figures because I tested the yellow on this guy before I applied it to my Gamma World android. It was just a matter of doing the face, hair, staff and a couple other minor details to finish him up.

I love this yellow. I especially like it better on a wizard, since so many people usually just apply the old gray or dark blue, or sometimes brown or green for elves. Nope- I had to try something bright and out there. I do have an elf archer I will eventually paint for myself; he will get the requisite cliche green and brown treatment.

Next up, I have a few more Gamma World figures, a human, a cyborg and a mutant (walk into a bar *chuckle chuckle*) I should have them finished either tonight or tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. I like the yellow as well. Although the application makes a big difference, and you've done it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....that over-sized hood gives the costuming a sense of drama, and selecting a bright color really makes the whole thing 'pop'. A dull dark color might make the piece seem too heavy.

    Really well done as usual!

    ReplyDelete