You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, April 13, 2011

D&D Classes: Sorcerer

This is Reaper No. 3258, Taladar Gomaris, Grand Wizard. Except, I'm using him as a sorcerer. While looking for the right figure to represent a sorcerer, I was trying to figure out what was the difference between a sorcerer and a wizard (or warlock etc.) As far as I could discern in D&D terms, a wizard requires spellbooks and readings of spells to perform his magic, whereas a sorcerer's magic comes as a natural talent requiring no books or wands etc. So I chose this mini because he is casting his magic without use of a spellbook or any other implements. I actually had this mini on my shelf for the past few months; I had intended to use him to play a wizard in a D&D game that never came to fruition.


I chose the storm blue (Foundry) to compliment the orange palette of my wizard, and I trimmed him with yellow to help him fit in with the other mages. Though, my warlock may have a palette entirely of his own. The warlock also will probably be the next figure I paint up for this project. And after the warlock, I have the druid to paint. Both are primed and ready to be painted; that, and the display base is finished! The display base is real simple, so I'll just show it along with all the figures when they're finished.

1 comment:

  1. Its great to see all these old school Reaper figs with such spectacular paintjobs! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete