You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Qwik 54mm: Macellos ready to paint

... And here's my other team, the Macellos (pronounced ma-'che-lo; without the "s," it's Italian for "slaughterhouse," at least according to Google translate.)

The chain turned out all right. I have him swinging two cabled flails, the heads of which will be painted to look like concrete blocks. I'm very happy with how his helmet turned out. You can't see it in this photo, but the helmet does not go all the way around; it's more like a large metal mask. In the back, I have the chain player's long hair hanging down.

Before I start priming everything, I still want to finish up my freelance driver. I just need to give him some fur-top boots, pack and bedroll. Everything should be primed by the end of the weekend. Unfortunately, that weekend leads into my busy week for the month at the office. But I do have vacation at the end of the month, and no travel plans....

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Macello in italian is for Slaughterhouse, the Butcherer is Macellaio, and plural is Macellai :D

    For any Italian words feel free to ask .D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, good, so I should probably name them the "Macellai."

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete