You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, September 2, 2011

During the lull

I haven't even sat at the painting table in the past week to look at what needs to be painted. It's a combination of busy work month, taking a break after a train of painting projects, and working on a boardgame for Victory Point Games. It's my own idea. I won't say what it is yet; I'll wait until actual playtesting begins before I let you all know. It's probably something you wouldn't expect me to do (or something you'd think that suits me perfectly, depending on how you look at it.) Once designing and playtesting begin in earnest, I'll see about keeping a design diary posted to this blog.

But YES, I do have a couple figures sitting on the table that I DO want to paint. Just a couple civilians and another fighter for my Street Corner project. One of the civilians and the fighter are pretty much straight out of the box. The other civilian is a conversion; The original figure held a pistol at his side. I've removed the pistol and replaced it with a newspaper. My newspaper stand needed some business.

The figures aren't new; I just drafted them out of my black and white collection. No worries- the majority of the black and white collection will stay intact, especially the actual gangsters. I'll simply be repurposing a few of the civilians (that, and I don't really want to put in an order when I only have an itch to paint a couple figures at the time being.)

P.S. In case you haven't already, and if you're a connoisseur of boardgames, take a look at Victory Point Games. Godawful terrible bits, but fantastic rules. A lot of major boardgame companies put out some flashy games with tons of pretty bits, but only a few of those games have actual decent gameplay. I've only played a couple of VPG's games, but they're great. I still haven't won a game of Nemo's War, and I still don't know how I'm going to accomplish that. Also, Circus Train, originally (and still available at) a VPG game, is being given the full treatment by GMT games. I haven't played the game yet, but I've had my eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment