You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, May 2, 2012

54mm Apocalators: The Animal Hunt


So I was thinking about Red Sand Black Moon. Remembering that it's going to be compatible with Red Sand Blue Sky, I realized I'll be able to have animals in my games. And since mine is a post-apocalyptic setting with radiation and mutants and whatever the hell I want, I can use whatever "animals" I want.

So here are a couple. These are just posed shots; I still need to give these beasts some stats. One is my Dark Young figure (Fantasy Flight Games) which looks perfectly fine as a mutant abomination from the wastes of Septimontium. The other is an Arsinotherium (by Wild Safari, I think), a prehistoric mammal I think can fit the bill as a wasteland beast. 

This opens up the floodgates; all of my dinosaurs can come come off the shelf and enter the fighting pit (feeding pit?) I think I might also pick up this neat postosuchus later, too. Geez, and I almost forgot that I also ordered the God of the Bloody Tongue figure from Fantasy Flight Games to be a mutated brute in the arena. Gonna be bloody pits over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment