You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, June 11, 2013

42mm Samurai: Almost ready to paint


I wanted to show one last shot of the converted figures before I primed and readied them for painting. Jackets are done, weapons affixed and bows are strung. I gave them short yari more for convenience of maneuvering the figures easily on the table during a skirmish.

I still have to make a couple sashimono for a couple other figures I'm repainting for my red bushi, then time to prime!

And dammit- every time I get a batch of these samurai, I think to myself, "Well, these are the last ideas I have on how I can convert these figures." But no, I have more ideas now; I'm contemplating putting together a sohei warband. Maybe I'll start by stripping the paint on one of my older samurai first, then seeing if I can indeed add the longer robes of a warrior monk to the figure ....

4 comments:

  1. Really turning out nice. I like the addition of bow strings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - fantastic mods to some great figures. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- I'm discovering that I like to modify/convert figures just as much as painting them.

      Delete
  3. Those look really, really good. The jackets were a good idea.

    ReplyDelete