You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Rocket Racers: HS38 X-3 and X-4



 Here are my last two HS-38 rocket conversions (from Bombshell Miniatures.) The X-3 was pretty straightforward: I added a third engine and fin below the two main engines. It was a simple conversion. The only other thing I had to change was to level out the original wings.

The second rocket has had the wings removed since I last posted a photo. I had some extra green stuff so I added some extra body work over the top of the main fuselage in front of the pilot. The paint job on the fuselage is take straight from a P-51 Mustang.

So that ends a quick flurry of painting over the past week or two. I still have a lot of zombies to paint, and I'm still working on my rocket racing rules. I'm also in the mood to maybe play a couple skirmish games with the new samurai.


4 comments:

  1. Those are sweet Carmen! Just right amount of high and low tech.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your rocket racers are fantastic!

    Must resist...I fear that some impulse buying is imminent. Do you know if it's possible to order engines without a rocket?

    Whiteface / Oliver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked them politely, and they let me get a couple extra. But they also mentioned they would probably be selling the rockets as bits, too, soon.

      Delete
  3. These look like a great deal of fun FUN FUN.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete